Boobialla is a native juniper berry and has a distinct flavour
A new publication called Warndu Mai (Good Food) shows you how to embrace our country’s native ingredients and create truly Australia food and drinks at home.
Rebecca Sullivan and Damien Coulthard combine to bring you information, inspiration and practical ways to start using the foods that have grown in this country for thousands of years.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Wait Time: 6 weeks
Ingredients (Makes 250ml)
- 6 finger limes
- 40 g boobialla berries
- 15 g dried whole rosella flowers
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground native thyme
- 8 star anise
- 2 tablespoons ground anise myrtle
- 1 teaspoon ground lemon myrtle
- 1 teaspoon pepperberries
- 1–2 teaspoons honey
- 250 ml brandy
- Place all the ingredients in a large sterilised jar, seal and shake well.
- Label and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 weeks to infuse.
- Strain into a sterilised jar.
- Use 1–2 tablespoons in your drink as a bitter flavouring.
- For a digestif, serve in a small glass or on ice.